There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Thursday, March 7, 2013

New projects in Progress

Here are two quilted projects in progress. The table topper made from New York Beauty blocks will be 5 x 7 blocks at 8" finished. The other block is still in the idea stage. It's 4 clam shells made from strips sewn together then cut into the clam shell shape. I put them on a dark blue piece of fabric. I'd thought about making the stripes on the clam shells with points similar to those on the new York beauty blocks, but I haven't got that brave yet. The inspiration for both pieces are quilts by Karen K Stone. I have her book, hence the cover photo is the inspiration for the table topper, another quilt she made called Clam Session is the inspiration for the other block. I'm still working on that idea. Once these pieces are done I'll post photos of them here.
The ideas are flowing now. So who know what else I'll come up with.
Stay tunes

No comments:

Post a Comment