There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another Jacket

This is my first design for fall. It's T shirt knit, with the ruffled front, a "lettuce" edge on the sleeves and on the bottom hem. I'm beginning to design clothes for fall. I saw a jacket similar to the one I made at a local retail store for about $35,. That makes me feel pretty good to know what my work is worth. If it's $35 retail for a mass production, I wonder what my " designer" item would sell for? Just a thought, just wondering, that's all. Anyway, here is the jacket, or swather or wrap or whatever you want to call it.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Silky chevron tunic

Here is the latest project. The outer fabric is actually drapery fabric from a local craft & fabric store. It has silk lining, I had some silk on hand. The sleeves are sheer, bell shaped, long sleeves. The center strip is organza. The bottom originally had elastic, but i took it out because it looked too lumpy at the bottom hem, so now is flows. This wasn't the easiest project I've ever made. I did accomplish turning my design into a real piece of clothing.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Designed this top

I modified a pattern I have to make this top. It's cotton striped cut on the bias, with the front sides going at opposite diagonals to create a chevron separated by a thin strip of solid color. The back is done the same, the sleeves have solid color bands at the bottom of 3/4 length sleeves where the stripe of the fabric is vertical. The bottom hem has elastic for a snugged fit. I don't prefer tom have a lose bottomed shirt blowing up with the wind, its unnerving as well as embarrassing. Since this top turned out as I designed, my next attempt will be the same style of top in a sheer stripe. This top will be lined since the outer fabric is sheer. We'll see how that goes.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Emilys jacket

Recently I got inspired to design a jacket. While at the local Fabric store, I this antique looking pink sarin fabric in the home dec department. Although my daughter, who was with me, said it'd make a cute canopy for Emily's bed, if she had a canopy for her bed, I had other ideas for the fabric. I had this jacket in mind. It wasn't difficult to make. I altered the sleeves to be puffy & added a sleeve band with decorative stitching. I'm surprised how well it turned out. Here it is.