The owl project is finally finished. It has yet to be quilted, but otherwise, it's done.Let me know what you think. Remembers it contains machine appliqué and piecing.
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Here is the nearly finished owl. It just needs to be sewn down. I have an idea of a background for it, but haven't got one together just yet. This project uses freezer paper appliqué that is glue stick basted to a muslin base. Any constructive comments are welcomed. I'll post pics of the finished project once it is finished.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
This is the current project I'm working on. The owl, drawn on muslin, will be pieced to a background, similar to the method used on the butterfly quilt. This is the first stage. Each piece is cut via templates on card stock, the raw edges glue basted down, & will be stitched to the background. It's a good way to use up all the scraps I've collected. Stay tuned for progress pics as the project goes further
Sunday, May 6, 2012
These are a few items I've made for my sons ex-wife, who's due anytime. We are still friends as are she & my son, who's helping out a little with driving her back & forth to the doctor since she can't drive now. The thing is the father of this particular child ( not my son) has abandoned all relations with her, so she's totally on her own, with 2 kids already (my son's) but she just doesn't have much for this baby, which will be a month premie, if she holds until next Monday, May 14. Anyway I made a diaper bag & filled it full of blankets, gowns, & other baby stuff. When I gave it to her last week I thought she was going to cry. Anyway , since this baby, a boy, will definitely be premie, these outfits are that size. The tiny hat was knitted by my daughter who's making a few more for the baby. I just hope the ex-wife doesn't go into preeclampsia like she did with my youngest grandson. Also on a related note, I accidentally ran my forefinger under the sewing machine & the needle went through it, just in & out. Ouch! Other than being sore & breaking a needle I'm fine. The good part is that the outfit I was making didn't get any blood on it. That was luck. Stay tuned for more antics & adventures . . .
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Just a quick note to report that DH's colon test & bladder test came out clear,no more cancer!!! We were at the outpatient clinic most of the day, so I'm tired, but happy that part is over. The next, hopefully the last, is the hernia repair sometime this summer. It's from the surgery incision & it's a common occurrence . At least this surgery won't have him in the hospital for a whole week, just one day. I can handle that & I'll have more time to plan for it than the week we had for the first surgery. Things are looking up!