There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ice Storm Update

FYI, an update on the current ice storm. Its 7:20 am, there's 1/4 inch of ice on everything, our cable TV is out, and its still freezing rain outside. Hubby has yet to go to work, unusual for him, he's the first one there, regardless of the weather. I think this is the first time, in 30+ years, I've known him to postpone going to work.
We still have power, heat & internet. I do miss the TV for news & other such shows, but I have a working radio & police scanner so I can keep up with things around here. At last report, the weather forecaster said this rain is supposed to move out before the day is over. We'll see about that. In the mean time, I "trapped" with a squealing, autistic 8 year old, a whiny daughter who's complaining about it & hubby who's bored & driving me nuts. His work cell phone is ringing like crazy with co workers asking about coming to work, is the building open, etc. Should be a fun day--not! At least I have plenty of crafty stuff to keep me busy, and there was school yesterday so I had a break from the squealing (that's a new phase my autistic granddaughter is going through which hopefully will end soon). I have the Christmas shopping done & the fridge is full, so I'll survive, unless we "kill" each other from cabin fever,but I've survived it before & I'll survive it this time. stay tuned for further as the weekend goes forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment