There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weather, crazy weather, joining clubs,etc.

I've seen some crazy weather in my time, but this spring is one for the books. First, a rash
Of tornadoes, including an outbreak in the south a few weeks ago, then floods, fires in
the west, now we're under a storm watch tha could produce tornadoes, baseball sized hail & very high winds. Maybe I should check my insurance coverage for hail. :)
All this severe weather makes me think about next year, 2012, according to some the year that's the end of time. You might remember the movie about a polar shift that happens in 2011. I think it was called "the Day After Tomorrow". Anyway, this weather & accompanying disasters make me think the polar shift depicted in that movie has begun. I don't want to alarm anyone, but it sure seems like it to me.

On a better note, I recently joined 3 quilting organizations In hopes to better keep up with the quilting world. I'd like to become more widely known in quilting circles as a quilt artist. I'd also like to get into at least one big show in the coming year & one of the groups, SAQA, has a program to help that goal become a reality. I joined the following: AQS, IQA, SAQA. I'm in the process of redefining my quilting goals. I decided that I like doing art quilts more than traditional bed quilts, so that's the direction I'm going. There's a lot I have to learn before I jump in to the big time, but if one doe ST try they never get anywhere. At least that's my point of view. So I'm going to try and see what happens. I'll keep you posted on my progress of lackmthere of.

No comments:

Post a Comment