There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Friday, August 27, 2010

Tree and other things

The guy finally finished the tree. It took 14.5 hours to complete the job. That didn't include cutting the thing up, my husband is doing that. That tree was a monster. I'm sure the man is happy he's done with it.

I've also began embroidery with my new Bernina 830. I'm making Christmas stockings for the new kids & assistants in my granddaughter's special education class. I've made 4 of 6 names for the stockings. Now, I just have to make the stockings themselves. I lost the original pattern & had to buy one. I won't lose it- I hope. Anyway, since I have too many scraps, I'm considering doing this batch as crazy patch & I'll use many of the decorative stitches on the new 830. I'm taking classes to learn how to properly use it & they're fun. I'm learning a lot. The 830, in function, is similar to my 165, but it does things in different ways. I'll learn it soon enough.

I'm also happy its Friday. This past week has been a bear. I'm ready for a quiet, clam weekend. Now, let's see if that actually happens. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment