There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello Bernina 830

I finally got to buy a Bernina 830 sewing/embroidery machine. I'd been wanting one for several months. After the last payment was made (to me) on a farm I sold, I splurged & bought one. Yesterday (Thursday) I took the first class on it & found it to be remarkably similar to my old 165 machine. My Dear Hubby is building a cabinet/table for it this weekend, at least he promised he would. The 830 with embroidery module attached is too big to fit on the drafting table I planned to put it on. The table is also too tall for it. I even have some embroidery work lined up at my bank. I opened the embroidery unit to find the foot for it was missing. I called the quilt shop where I got it & they said they'd get me one quickly. They also threw in the mega hoop and the jumbo hoop, plus 27 hours of classes and free lifetime refresher classes. That's one heck of a deal. The hoops and the classes alone are worth about $1200 or so. Can't beat it. Now I have 2 fantastic machines to use, the 830 jumbo hoop will allow to embroider large designs like the entire back of a jacket or shirt. It may take several hours to do, but it is possible. The 830 is probably the last machine I'll ever buy, or need , for that matter. I may need to upgrade my embroidery software to go along with the new machine. I'll try it with version 5 first. Now I feel that I have all the equipment I'll ever need to be truly creative. Stay tuned to see what I create next.

No comments:

Post a Comment