There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hot, hot, snails trail!

This small quilt, crib sized but not crib colors, was put together, taken apart twice. I put it away for a few months but it kept calling to me every time I passed the box it was stored in. I dug it back out, laid it out on the design wall, being careful to match it correctly for the pattern, then one by one, I sewed the blocks into rows, matched up the rows correctly & put the whole thing together. It worked!! Now I know some of you may thing orange & lime green are garish colors to put together but actually they Re complementary colors is the really do work together.
Since my collection of quilts is outgrowing all the storage spaces I have, I'm making the quilt tops only, they take less room to store. I only quilt the tops if I need a finished quilt for something. That way I can still enjoy the design part of making quilts without all the bulk of all those finished, quilted quilts,
At this point I'm fairly well caught up in the projects I began sometime ago, now I have to find something to do with my time. Make more quilt tops??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment