There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring Storms

Just a few lines between storm days to say I like spring weather if it warn't for the severe weather that goes along with it. Yesterday, I spent the day either glued to the radar online or on Tv & on the phone to DH, DS & main office of the schools- I update them on severe weather since I have 3 grandkids attending &, DH & DS work there. It was exhausting. We missed any damage here at home & in my county, but other places were not so lucky. Now, I hear we're going through it all again on Friday, tomorrow. Only tomorrow's risk is bigger than yesterday's. Some say it's supposed to be like the super outbreak back in 1974. I remember that one too well, pink lightning & greenish skies. Weird for sure. Between storms I'm working on 2 quilts, another storm at sea rainbow quilt & one called melon blossoms. I counted the number of pieces in the storm at Sea block, there are 65 pieces in that one block alone. The Melon Blossoms quilt has 12 large blocks plus a couple of borders, so it shouldn't be too difficult to put together. Here are some pics of the blocks,still in progress. Also I'm using an Accuquilt cutter on the storm at sea blocks, they are coming out much better than my first try. Anyway, that's what I'm doing between storm days.

No comments:

Post a Comment