There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Project Pillow Case

I came up with the idea to make pillow cases & send them to tornado victims. Consider this, you have nothing but the clothes your back after a disaster. You begin to accumulate things that people have donated but you have nothing to put this stuff in, no way to carry around what's left of your life. You are given a brand new , empty pillow case. Suddenly you have a "bag" formwhats left of your life. THIS is why I'm doing the pillow cases. I'm in the process of finding a place to take them to be distributed to tornado victims.

Since I've been in some tornadoes,(3),although I didn't have any personal loss, I understand exactly what the victims are going through.mI also used to be on the local Rde Cross disaster response team so I've seen personal loss first hand & that's another reason I'm doing this.

If any of you wish to join me in this endeavor, please let me know.
. As soon as I get an address to send the pillow cases to, I'll post it here. Until then, won't be too long, I'll be making pillow cases. In one day, I made six already. I plan on reporting my numbers to the 1,000,000 pillow case challenge on the All People Quilt website. We'll see how it goes. I just want do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment