There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Finally

Today is March 1, 2011. The sun is out, its cool, but it feels like spring in the air just the same. Yesterday it rained, 2.5 inches, it did the same thing last Thursday. Plus, both days we had severe weather move through my area. Life has had its ups and downs lately. My autistic granddaughter transferred schools successfully & likes the new school to our surprise. On the down side, I attempted to embroider something on my Pfaff Creative Vision machine over the weekend. The first try turned out terribly misaligned- didn't use enough stabilizer. Since the design took 90 minutes to do, I tried again the next day. This time the needle broke, so I replaced it. That happens sometimes so I wasn't concerned. However, when none of the feet would stay on the machine (they're supposed to snap on & wouldn't) and the take up lever wouldn't catch the thread, I knew it needed to be fixed. Yesterday, in the pouring rain, I took it to the dealer, who dutifully wrote down the problems, then told me she wasn't sure when the technician would be in to fix it. "We never know" she said. Bummer. I'll check back about the end of the week and hope for the best. This is the 2nd Pfaff product I've had trouble with. You'd think I'd quit buying them. At least my Bernina machines give me little to no trouble at all & the dealer is prompt in fixing it if needed. The same dealer called on Saturday to tell me than an item I ordered & paid for 6 months ago was no longer available- it wasn't made anymore. She, at least, offered me a store credit (which I took) & a huge apology. It wouldn't have been such a big deal but this is about the 3rd time I've used the machine in the past 6 months. I finally got a workbook online that allowed me to learn how to use it, then these things happen. I'll just keep plugging on, but I won't wait another 6 months to have it fixed- I hope to have it fixed by next week or the dealer will get a not so nice phone call on why hasn't it been fixed yet. And life goes on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment