There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Quilt Journal

I have begun a quilt journal, a pictorial & written account of the quilts I make, starting today, which happens to be my birthday. I don't know how it will turn out, but I plan to write something about every quilted project I make from now on, possibly the unquilted ones too, along with photos & samples of the fabrics in each project. I saw the quilt journal of another quilter the other day & thought I should make one also. I've done several quilts in the past that should have been chronicled somehow. Better late than never. I bought a cheap photo journal at Big Lots (A local store) last night & put the first entry in it today. I may have to get a better quality photo notebook or tape the pages shut in the current one. Its not too sticky. We'll see how it goes.

I'm working on a prototype of the Easter banner project that a local church asked my guild to make. I'll post the whole project, photos & all, once its finished. That will be a whole post in itself, possible multiple posts.

As far as my birthday today, its usually a non-event. I got a new cake pan, the old one rusted out, a new pasta cooker & my hubby made muffins for my breakfast today. They were pretty good. I've had a quiet day, the kind I prefer, so its been a better birthday than some I've had in the past (spending the whole day at the hospital with my brother and grandson one year). The weather's turned off cooler too, which was nice. I guess fall is here now. Gotta go, . . . later.

No comments:

Post a Comment