There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Playtime on the 830,





Here are photos of an experiment I made on the new 830 sewing machine. I used decorative stitches with a circular attachment that makes the fabric travel in circles instead of in a straight line. I then embroidered my initial in the center. The first two pictures are of the front of the project & the detail of the decorative stitches used. The second set is the back of the little pillow project. I used a quilting design that came with the machine & embroidered an initial in the center. I falling in love with this machine I think. After attending a seminar last week, where I've learned all kinds of things, I'm excited to push this machine to its limits creatively. I plan to make larger versions of this pillow too. Who knows what I'll come up with next. Stay tuned to see . . .

1 comment:

  1. Cathy,
    This is very cool. I can see where sewing in circle can have a lot of interesting quilting and sewing applications. You can use it as the starting point for a small feathered wreath or as a quilt block motif by itself.

    Most people never completely read through their sewing machine manuals,(I am guilty of this myself!)but it is a great way to learn all the things that your machine is capable of doing and helps to improve your sewing skills, as well.

    Good luck with your new machine.

    Virginia
    http://my-quilt-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete