There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Friday, November 20, 2009

What's in my studio and what's not.

I have many toys & trinkets in my studio. I call them supplies and equipment.There is the sewing cabinet, the sewing machine (one of 5), all the fabric, the cutting table, the drafting table where I sketch or paint, the dress form I affectionately call "Sally", a wall of books, cutting implements, paints and so forth. The one thing I do not have is my studio is a clock. In my studio, time may pass but I take no interest in the hour of the day while I'm there. I simply enter the studio, become engrossed in my latest project & I'm swept away into another place, one where time does not exist. It is not until I hear the notes of "when's dinner" or the sound of my little dog scratching at the door that I realize there is another world outside of that room, the world of reality and i must return to it again. Yes, there is no clock in my studio-- on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment