There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Progress on the silk Piece

Still working on the Wheel of the Year silk. It's like to painting watercolors on rice paper, which is very absorbent & colors run when the papers wet. So I have to paint a little, let it dry before I paint a little more, repeat. This is going to take a while.
My husband found these neat little capped bottles that are attached in a holder where he works, someone wanted to get rid of them, so he brought them to me, I put small amounts of silk dyes in them with an eye dropper so I don't contaminate the original bottles of dye. I also mix custom colors, like flesh or leaf green in them too. Anyway, the first photo shows this set up, works perfect. Perhaps something similar can be found at a craft store.
The second photo shows the actual silk piece in progress. I needed to re draw some of the elements ( I messed up putting the resist on it originally & had to rinse it out, so parts of the pencil drawing got washed away too) so I went looking for the enlargement of the original sketch only to find I accidentally hid it from myself so I had to get another one made. Anyway, I have a the middle & two sections painted. I turn the piece as needed so the parts I'm working on are always at the top of the design. The whole thing is a big circle, so turning it only makes sense. Because the design is folk art in nature there are not too much detail in the faces & such.
I'll post more as I get more done. Stay tuned. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment