There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Monday, April 9, 2012

Server Wars

I'm taking classes to learn how to operate my serger sewing machine, I've had the thing for 7 years but never really learned hoe to use it. I took the first part of the class last weeks& learned how to thread it & do a few things. the instructor said we should " play" with it for practice. So I attempted to make a pillow case with it today. Seems like a simple project, however, that blasted machine keeps coming unthreaded. Did I mention how difficult it is to thread it to begin with? Anyway, I drug out the manual, threaded it per the instructions & tried again. It stitched for about two inches, "burped" then quit stitching & came unthreaded again. After several tries with this same result, I turned the machine, unplugged it & finished the project on the sewing machine. The serger won this battle but I won't give up yet. I have another class this week so we'll figure out the problem & fix it, hopefully. If not, this weird little machine that's been sitting in the cabinet will go up for sale. If I can't use it, why have it taking up space. So I'll try again and again before I really put it up for sale. Anyone need a slightly used serger?

No comments:

Post a Comment