There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Embroidery Times are . . .

Always longer than stated on the design (machine estimated) I found. If the design says it takes 20 minutes, add at least 20 to 30 more minutes for changing thread colors, re-threading the machine, running out of bobbin threads & changing bobbins, and assorted other interruptions. Last night I embroidered a design that said it took 21 minutes. Okay, fine, I'll have it done by the time supper comes out of the oven. WRONG. The whole thing took an hour, supper was late & over done too. I love doing machine embroidery, but I dislike the amount of time it actually takes to complete it. If I only had all day to sit in front of the machine . . . but I don't. Better planning for embroidery projects is a must from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment