There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bringing Back Old Times

Now that my son has moved back in with us (albeit temporarily) he's also brought music back into the house. Since he is a budding musician, most of his musical equipment came with him. This inspired me to drag out my keyboard & play again. I'm really rusty at it, but i, at one time, wrote some tunes. I may try it again. I did enough songs for 3 or 4 CDs. Although I shopped the songs around, none were ever sold, but I did get good reviews from everyone who heard it. We'll see where that goes.

Also, some of you know I have a granddaughter diagnosed with autism. I'm in the process of starting up a foundation to support the families & others affected by autism. It will help navigate the info maze associated with the disease. I know from experience how steep the learning curve is and how much stuff there is to sift through. If I can help someone else with that maze, so be it. Besides, there is no such group in my town. I thought I'd start one. Right now, I'm in the research & planning stages, nothing is official yet. Once its all said & done, I'll post info about the foundation here.

BTW, we won the first round in court, now to get dear son through this divorce & come out even. That's the next step. Stay tuned to see how it goes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment