There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Marriner's Compass Quilt Problems

I had major problems with this quilt on the Grand Quilter, which kept coming un- threaded half way through a quilting run. So I took the quilt off the frame & proceeded to finish the quilting on my little Bernina. I finished it, but it looks lousy, at least the quilting part. I'm totally aggravated with the Grand Quilter,a Pfaff product. It does this to me every time I use it (coming un-threaded in the middle of a run, often multiple times). I have had the tech & the shop owner work with it to tell me nothing is wrong with the machine, I'm going too fast. I slow down, it happens anyway. Anyone want to buy a lightly used Grand Quilter & frame? I have to bind the huge quilt yet. I was thinking about putting it in the Spring Quilt show, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe people will notice the design on the top & not the quilting so much. Anyway, I got some nice comments which I appreciate. That alone encourages me to continue the project. Once I finish it, I'll just have another bed quilt for my bed (king size) & one for the cats & dog, who sleep with me, to lay on. Oh well, life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment