There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Test Run, Fluid Acrylic Paints

I'd read about fluid acrylic paints in several sources so I decided to try them. I also had this book called Brave Intuitive Painting by Flora Bowley ( don't have a picture of the book). I decided to combine the two into a short series of paintings on paper.
The fluid acrrylics, Golden brand is what I found although there are several brands, combined them with fluid craft acrylic paints to produce these paintings. The golden brand fluid acrylics are intensely pigmented and pourable. The craft acrylics work well although they are not the quality of the artist fluid acrylics, although both are pourable. So other than pigmentation and price, the fluid acrylic paints are similar to craft acrylics in consistency and either can be used together. According to what I read in the book,I should paint in layers with no pre-made plan or sketch, letting the painting suggest where to go next. So I did just that.I painted warm colors on paper first, letting that layer dry completely, then added washes of cool colors in a random fashion. I continued in this mannet I r, allowing the colors to build. I even closed my eyes, directed the brush to the paper & painted some strokes. Suprisingly, I actually hit the paper! Anyway these are the results of that trial. These 3 paintings on paper are the result. There are also close up views of a painting so you can see the layer
s.

No comments:

Post a Comment