There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Monday, September 29, 2014

The Tarot Project

Below are two new paintings. They are the first two of 22 of the Major Arcana of the Tarot. For some reason it came to me that I should paint my version of the Tarot deck. There are many versions of this oracle, so I thought I'd throw my version I to the mix. Each image is in itself a piece of art, check out the different decks available to see the art of each card. So, why not do my own paintings that depict the qualities if each card. There are 22 of the Major Arcana and 56 of the minor arcana, all four suits, making a total of 78 cards. Obviously this is going to take a while ( to paint all 78 images). So follow along, if you wish, to watch the progress of this project. I very seriously doubt that it will available as an actual tarot deck ( I could be wrong, hope so) I'd be happy to have a solo show of the project. These paintings & those that follow are in acrylic and are about 11" x 14" in size, they will be either on canvas or on watercolor paper / board.
Stay tuned, there will be more, And let me know what you think. I enjoy the feedback in the comments, it helps me grow as an artist to know what you think of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment