There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Monday, June 20, 2011

Designed this top

I modified a pattern I have to make this top. It's cotton striped cut on the bias, with the front sides going at opposite diagonals to create a chevron separated by a thin strip of solid color. The back is done the same, the sleeves have solid color bands at the bottom of 3/4 length sleeves where the stripe of the fabric is vertical. The bottom hem has elastic for a snugged fit. I don't prefer tom have a lose bottomed shirt blowing up with the wind, its unnerving as well as embarrassing. Since this top turned out as I designed, my next attempt will be the same style of top in a sheer stripe. This top will be lined since the outer fabric is sheer. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment