There Are Angels

There Are Angels
Colored Pencil Drawing

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Ecoline Products Review

I used Ecoline, a Dutch brand, liquid watercolors and brush pens for the first time on this painting and thought I'd give my thoughts on the product. The watercolors are very easy to work with, come in sets or in a variety of colors. I ordered a set of 10 online, which is the only way I've been able to find them. They blend well, can be lightened or thinned with water And can be used in any surface regular watercolors are used on, paper, boards, or for lettering. Only drawback I see other than only being available online is that they're not lightfast. The colors are bright but I wouldn't want to put a painting done with them in the sunlight for a long time, it might fade. The brush pens come in the same colors as the bottles do but must be ordered as well and the tip is a flexible fiber core instead of a real brush tip. I got a set of 10 and got a free blender. The markers are good for details, as in the eyes in this leopard. They are water soluable so they're easy to remove if you get them on your hands or anywhere else they don't belong. Would I buy them again? Probably, they suit my needs as a watercolorist and calligrapher. Do it like them? Yes, they're easy to work with since the color is liquid, only a small amount is used at a time so they last a long time and they come in many colors. Here's a small, 9" x 12", painting done with both the liquid colors and the brush markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment